Thursday, January 6, 2011

Riding High



Because it fades, and changes, and ends too soon...what will you do with your WILD and precious life?

Everyday we are given a choice.  Will you enjoy the passage of time or will you hold onto the past?  Are you filled with enthusiasm or deadened by despair?

It is easier to remain stuck in old believes and behaviors, even if they no longer serve us and make us miserable.  We know that a change is long overdue but we are trapped in the illusion of our reality.

The fear of the unknown tucks you in each night.  You awake hungry and exhausted.

I gravitate towards those who seize the day with both hands, and shake it hard.

Contortionists who braid social and silly with sensibility and spirituality.

We party, work and play with passion and purpose. We welcome our mistakes knowing thats how we grow.

Because our spark, although fleeting, rides high and leaves a perpetual trail...



I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.  
Everyone stops, points up and gasps "oh, look at that!" 
Then whoosh, and I'm gone...
and they'll never see anything like it ever again...
and they won't be able to forget me - ever.     
 Jim Morrison


17 comments:

  1. I am totally stuck in my old ways (relationship wise) and dont know how to change it.

    I feel as if I am in limbo, but too afraid to make a change.

    Great words today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do I know people are not going to forget this wild free spirit, I'll reach around and smack them if they try!

    Just take a look at that witch up there... she sure don't fit a stereotype :D
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are the words of Rumi that speak of my wild precious life:

    My head is bursting
    with the joy of the unknown.
    My heart is expanding a thousand fold.
    Every cell,
    taking wings,
    flies about the world.

    Hush Don't Say Anything to God : Passionate Poems of Rumi (1999) as translated by Shahram Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to take each day going forward and commit random acts of kindness. Not very wild, but totally worth it. And if I can teach random acts to my children, imagine how much paying forward we can do.

    beautifully written, as always... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the quote and the whole post. and the picture is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I don't seize the day with both hands...usually only with one, while balancing several books on my head, teetering on a large balancing ball and trying not to slosh the cup of coffee held in my other hand and burning my bare little toes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to 'seize the day' by creating new things that tell new stories the world hasn't seen before...
    I love your tales of seizing the day & look forward to more in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sam....big smile! I love YOUR tales of seizing the day! right back at you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... What an inspiring quote, very beautiful!!
    Have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic!! and the quote... just priceless.. the lizard king, the one and only. You are an inspiration Shannon! HAPPY NEW YEAR, and HAPPY NEW DAY! because everyday MUST be different and new!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post! Your spirit is so strong, and it shines through every word here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Katie, Arti and OJ - so nice to know you're riding with me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Monkey,
    Came by to tell you I have something for you on my blog. I'm baiting you back into posting, see :)
    Miss ya and hope all is well
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post ans awesome quote! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for encouraging my JOY of writing. By reading and commenting you are feeding my soul, stroking my heart, and in the end...making me a better writer.

Thank You For Encouraging My Joy of Writing

Thank You For Encouraging My Joy of Writing
greenmonkeytales@live.com

Shannon E. Kennedy

***

Photo by Joan Harrison