Vanity, Gluttony, Extravagance, Sloth, Envy, Wrath, Lust
Interestingly, the Seven Beautiful Sins each played a role in today's writing challenge - to post 10 Random Honest Things about ME.
This was spawned by "Kerri" from Kerri's Klutter, who gave me an HONEST SCRAP award for being an authentic writer. Thank you Kerri :)
But this award came with strings. After listing these 10 Random Honest Things, I've been instructed to pass the award onto 10 equally deserving Bloggers.
Honestly, this sounds way too much like chain mail, which I loath, so I'm abbreviating the task to ONE WELL DESERVING writer.
And the winner is.....
Christie (or so she says)
Her site is called,
Is it me, or is that THE best Blog Title you've ever heard!!!
Check her out, she's real and refreshing. But don't like her more than me and I'll miss you while your gone (really).
Wait....!!! Before you go, read me (please)...
I must confess, I was not alone when I wrote today's post. Chelsea Handler and Chuy were in bed with me. (did I mention I have an active imagination?) Yesterday my 100th [FOLLOW] er told me that someone she knew read me and thought I was funny. She even went as far as to compare me to Chelsea Handler. WHAT... I love her!
So make room Kittay, Miss Lucy, Oprah, Evander and Barack, here comes ..... Chelsea (I'm leaving Chuy on the floor).
In true, late night fashion here are...
10 Random Honest Things about Green Monkey
(truth is way harder than fiction)
- I like to pee in the shower. I don't care where it goes once it leaves my drain. It's fun to stand and pee.
- I care way too much about what other people think of me. Especially when it comes to my writing. I try not to, but I do. You like my writing, right?
- Faking orgasms is fun! I like orgasms more than I like faking them, but sometimes that little actress in me enjoys hearing herself moan. (hint to husband...its not "typical" to have more than three orgasm in one romp)
- I once had two "dates" in one day...on (not so) Good Friday... and one was Jewish.
- I don't stop at CROSS WALKS (its a state law in CT) if it looks as though you've got nowhere special to go, or... if you're going nowhere fast.
- I am competitive to a fault and suffer from occasional bout of unruly jealousy (why that clever "Mommy Drinks Because you Cry" bitch, I'll get her!).
- I once coerced a couple into NOT buy the condo beside us because "she" was Pakistani and I loath the smell of curry. (that silky hair and a fabulous ass wasn't help her one bit)
- I don't call my mother as often as I should and I feel terrible about it. (lets see if she REALLY reads my blog)
- If I'm lonely, I'll watch reruns of Sex and The City, drink a bottle of wine, and wash it down with a sleeve (or two) of Oreo's.
- I'm not loyal and have no respect for the sanctity of marriage. The only reason I'm "in a relationship" with my husband is because I love him. If I wasn't happy, I'd be gone.
Green Monkey Tales © 2010 Shannon E. Kennedy
for reading and commenting